1950-1952 A small group of Ukrainian immigrants of the Orthodox faith held an organizational church meeting and established St. Mary Protectress Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church. The first Holy Liturgy was celebrated by Rev Wasyl Umanetz in a small rented building on Sellinger Street. The first Sisterhood was established in 1952.
1954 The parish purchased its own church building on Clinton Avenue. The new pastor was Rev. Mykola Czerniawskyj.
1955 The parish organized the first Ukrainian Studies Saturday School in Rochester. Many children, including non-parishioners attended classes from kindergarten through eighth grade. Several hundred children attended the school until 1983.
1970-1975 Having outgrown its church facilities on Clinton Avenue, the parish purchased a five acre parcel of land at 3176 St. Paul Boulevard in 1970. In the Fall of 1975, the parish embarked on the great task of constructing the new parish center with a large and small hall, five classrooms, office and kitchen. The church hall was completed in 1976. The hall was used extensively for fund raising efforts such as weddings, banquets, church and community events.
1977 The parish sold the property on Clinton Avenue and held church services in the small hall until 1982.
1978 His Beautitude Metropolitan Mstyslav, blessed the future site of the new church. September 11, 1977 the parish priest's residence was dedicated and blessed by Archbishop Constantine. The new pastor was Rev. Anatole Sytnyk. Upon the initiation of Rev. Sytnyk, a Ukrainian Arts and Crafts Festival was held in 1978. Parishioners dedicated many hours of their time in preparing Ukrainian foods, baked goods and craft items. The Sisterhood also began participating in the annual Town of Irondequoit 4th of July Celebrations.